Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Radiation in airports; is it safe?

 There are multiple studies testing the effects of radiation from airport security scanners.  The biggest argument is that it is far less than radiation from mammograms or other medical procedures.  I have yet to hear anyone quantify this issue though.  It may be less, but what about the frequent flyers that fly multiple times a week?  You don't go to the doctor daily for an x-ray, so I don't feel its a fair comparison.  The argument also is that it is below the legal level you are allowed, but just because you're allowed so much radiation should you get it? 


So, in short we are basically scanned naked and given levels of radiation that are unnecessary once again for our "safety".  I don't know about most people, but I work hard and pay me taxes.  I try to help charities, but anytime I want to travel I'm treated like a threat.  It deeply saddens me the direction things are going.

Source:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/travel/airport-scanners/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More